cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 ADC parameters

sorozatgyilkos
Contributor II

Hey everyone,

I am trying to model the internal ADC of S32K344 for analysis and simulation, but I couldn’t find the information I need in the datasheet.

What I am looking for mainly is:

• If there is any leakage current
  • If there is any internal resistance to ground
  • Whether the ADC can be modelled as a resistor or current source

If you could guide me in the right direction on this, I would highly appreciate it.

Greetings,
Peter

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sorozatgyilkos 

You can download the S32K3 MCUs for General Purpose – Hardware Design Package , here you can find the ibis model that could help you simulating the operation of the pins, this including the ADC.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

sorozatgyilkos
Contributor II

Hey Vane,

Thank you very much for looking into this.

Although the IBIS model can be useful for simulation, unfortunately I also have to do mathematical analysis, where I'd have to know the internal structure of the ADC, or at least how it can be modelled.

Do you think such information would be accessible or is that part of the IP and thus classified?

Greetings,
Peter

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sorozatgyilkos 

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but the information of internal structure can not be provide it.

0 Kudos

sorozatgyilkos
Contributor II

Hey VaneB,

I understand.

Is there a way to calculate the error and/or uncerteainty of the measurements by using S32K344's ADC? That would be the end goal basically, that's why I'd like to model the ADC somehow.

If you could guide me into the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Peter

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sorozatgyilkos 

Please refer section 10.1 SAR ADC of the S32K3xxDS for information about the ADC module. Also, the application note: ADC Guidelines Spec and Configuration will be very useful for you. 

0 Kudos