cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3 MCU Firmware Updates Guidance

MateoSegura
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently trying to develop a Firmware Update solution for the S32K344 MCU. I don't see any examples or guidance as to how to perform a firmware update over CAN or Ethernet. There's a video explaining it, but no code examples!

My questions are:

1. Are there any GUI tools to help partition the flash memory for such updates? If not, how is this done?

2. examples, examples ,examples, PLEASE!!!!

Any guidance or documentation or any type of resource would be much appreciated.

NXP engineers: there's no point on providing software training that has no examples! It's 2022 guys, your hardware support is phenomenal, your software support is a**. 

Thanks in advance

14 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi all,

short update - the release is little bit delayed due to small SW issue which should be solved soon. It is expected that it will be released next week.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

wonjae
Contributor I

Hello @lukaszadrapa 

do you have any updates for this issue?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

S32K3 is a new device and a lot of work is still ongoing. We will provide Unified Bootloader Framework but it is not available yet. I'm checking about expected release date - I will let you know later.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

MateoSegura413
Contributor III

Hi Lukas, I was wondering if you had an update on the dates for the bootloader or any other software for the S32K3

Thanks,

Mateo

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I got the response right now (sorry, delayed due to vacation) - new version will support MagniV, S32K1 and S32K3 devices and the plan is to release it before end of Feb. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

KILLERzheng
Contributor IV

I do get the Unified Bootloader V2(Unified bootloader Demo - NXP Community), it fit the RTD for S32K3xx, but it is still not fit the RTD for S32K1xx. My project of S32k144 is based on the RTD, so I wonder that what should I do to fit the bootloader?

0 Kudos

KILLERzheng
Contributor IV

Is the new bootloader fit for the S32K144 RTD (not driver) platform? My project APP is based on RTD platform, I could not modify the *.ld file to fit the released unified bootloader based on driver

0 Kudos

viet
Contributor II

Hi @lukaszadrapa 

Could you please provide the link to download the new bootloader released ?

thanks

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

still waiting, it hasn't been released yet.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

KILLERzheng
Contributor IV

Is there any release day of the new bootloader? I also want this project to fit my S32K14x which project compiled with GCC 9.2

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm checking this with the SW team, I will let you know later.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Miki849
Contributor II

Hi Lukas, 

Do you know something new about this matter? 

Kind Regards 

Miguel

0 Kudos

MateoSegura
Contributor I

Thank you. Please let me know about those dates! 

0 Kudos