S32K14X mcal wdg config issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K14X mcal wdg config issue

yubo_guo
Contributor I

i use S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_4 to update 1.0.0 MCAL code, but the same config of wdg, tresos show below error

ERROR 20-08-11,17:29:03 (1019) Invalid value for node "/AUTOSAR/TOP-LEVEL-PACKAGES/ActiveEcuC/ELEMENTS/Wdg/WdgSettingsConfig/WdgSettingsConfig/WdgExternalTriggerCounterRef": LPIT should not be used as a triggering timer because there is a note in the RM that the CVALn register reads may not return the real value

i check the Wdg_ChannelSetTriggerCondition which will use CVALn, and Wdg_ChannelSetTriggerCondition is called by main loop.

so at the last version of mcal, it is impossible to set the lpit as the Wdg External Trigger Counter?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear yubo guo ,

Yes, it is impossible to set the lpit as the Wdg External Trigger Counter. Because the return value of CVALn register may not correct, so if we use the LPIT for Wdg, the Wdg may not reset in time.

Best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos

yubo_guo
Contributor I

Hello Hung Nguyen Phi 

But in my base project which use S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0, it is ok to set the lpit as the Wdg External Trigger Counter. 

and also tresos could select the lpit and there is lpit case in Gpt_Ipw_GetTimeElapsed() which is called by Wdg_ChannelSetTriggerCondition.

0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello yubo guo,

The Lpit issue had been found after the release of S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0. Then we have removed the LPIT in the version S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_4.

Best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos

yubo_guo
Contributor I

Hi Hung Nguyen Phi

Thank you for your answer!

Could you recommend whcih timer to use? 

It is better if there is example project could take as reference.

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I would like to add the sample application for WDG.

Regards,

Nam

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello yubo guo,

We can use the FTM instead of the LPIT. Please see the above example.

Thank and best regards,

0 Kudos

yubo_guo
Contributor I

Hi Hung Nguyen Phi

Thank you for your reply!

I tried to import the sample project, but it seems couldn't load the configuration.

how could i add the configuration module like the below etest project?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello yubo guo,

Can I ask which EB tresos version you are using ? The above project is created in the EB tresos version 24.0.0.

Thank and best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos