cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146EVB Quick Start Guide

Jump to solution
thomas_leborgne
Contributor I

Hello, I have some difficulty with the board S32K146EVB when I try to connect it to FreeMASTER like the quick start guide.

I follow the step of the qsg (https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/Get-Started-with-the-S32K146EVB:NGS-S32K146EVB#title1.3)

Step 1: Power up the Board –EVB Power Supplies

The jumpers are in position 2-3.

When I connect the board to the computer the LEDs D2 and D3 are green and the RGB LED blink red or green (depend on the potentiometer) and I see the board as a device storage on the computer

Step 2: Jumpstart based on the FreeMASTER tool

My problem appears here.

When I try to setup the communication (p°14 of the pdf), I cannot choose the port "opensda", I can only choose COM3 or COM_ALL. If I select one of them nothing changes.

I try to use the tool Connection Wizard and I have the same problem. I can only choose "COM3 - OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port". When I select it, I have the error "No board detected on any specified UART communication ports" (I try with all values of the baud-rates).

I find another thread with the same problem (https://community.nxp.com/thread/504002). I try the solution (open a project on S32 studio, generate the srec file and drag and drop it to the board).

I didn't find the project S32K146 EVB JumpStart - Firmware (Rev 1) so I try with the project find here (https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/Get-Started-with-the-S32K146EVB:NGS-S32K146EVB#title2.2). The name of project is "S32K146_EVB_Hello".

I follow this document to create the srec file (https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340965)

When I put the srec file on the board, the RGB stop to blink, but I still have the same error when I try to use the Connection Wizard.

I also try to find the file "S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec" but I didn't find it in the design resources of the board.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi thomas leborgne,

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you!
Please download the attached S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec
Then you should be able to connect the board with FreeMASTER.

detected.png

S32K146EVB_OOBE.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jgraham954
Contributor I

Hello I am having the same problem, incorrect documentation. After reading conflicting information concerning this same problem, I dragged and dropped the above file when I was in bootloader mode. Now, not only does it still not work, I am stuck in bootloader mode, I cannot get back to application mode.

What is the recovery procedure from this and is there proper, up to date documentation as this problem apparently been around a couple of years.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi thomas leborgne,

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you!
Please download the attached S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec
Then you should be able to connect the board with FreeMASTER.

detected.png

S32K146EVB_OOBE.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

thomas_leborgne
Contributor I

Hi,

It works properly

Thank you

0 Kudos