cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146-The reset pin is continuously pulled down

lb_2023
Contributor I

Hi,NXP experts

I used the S32K146 chip. In the working condition of frequent software reset,The reset pin is continuously pulled down, and the chip was in the state of crash. May I ask what caused this fault.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Bin

0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In the working condition of frequent software reset

So, you are calling SW reset periodically?

The reset pin is continuously pulled down, and the chip was in the state of crash.

petervlna_0-1684915637532.png

Was the voltages in datasheet defined ranges?

What should I imagine under state of crash?

Could you elaborate closer the issue?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

lb_2023
Contributor I

Hi,Peter

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I'm periodically calling the software reset function.The function name is "Mcu_PerformReset()".The call period is 3.5 seconds.After about 10,000 consecutive calls in accordance with this cycle, the reset pin was continuously pulled down and the chip crashed.

During the test, the voltage was within the normal range.

Best regards,

Bin

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Well, that hard to say. At least voltage is in specified range.

What do you mean by chip crash?

Is it working again after power on reset? Or it is damaged? Is any SW executed besides reset? Is the HW your own or NXP evaluation board? Are you able to attach with debugger on such chip?

Please share more details.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

lb_2023
Contributor I

Hi,Peter

The board can work normally after being powered on again. Within 3.5 seconds the software performed other actions in addition to the reset. The hardware is my own. The debugger cannot be connected at the time of failure.

Best regards,

Bin

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Ok, since the board is working fine after power on reset, and within resets until it fails, I would exclude any HW issue here.

You can try the same chip with some of our example SW, but I guess there will be no issue.

Would be good to implement some diagnostic, since you cannot debug the micro when it fails.

For example store the content of reset registers like RCM_SRS  and then see reset reasons after reset.

This will probably need some serios failure analyzes.

Do you see this behavior on multiple HW samples or just one?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos