S32K146: How do I properly create and maintain a DFlash partition for parameter storage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146: How do I properly create and maintain a DFlash partition for parameter storage?

Jump to solution
mikesfn
Contributor III

I'm following the S32DS example project "flash_partitioning_s32k146" and have also seen this post. All very informative, however, the problem I have is that none of this, nor the reference manual, clearly answer for me the most basic questions when first approaching this problem. For example:

- Is the S32DS sample program intended to be an example of any application that uses a DFlash partition? Which part actually creates the partition in the first place? Once the partition is created, does the program constantly re-create the partition every time it is run on start up? How would this partition be accessed by a user application at runtime?

What I want to do is to create a single FlexNVM partition for data storage. I would like to be able to access this partition in a user application and to be able to write to it at runtime such that the data is static beyond each processor reset.

1) How do I go about this?

2) How do I later erase and remove the partition to restore the FTFC to its default setting? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael,

I would like to suggest you seeing AN11983 Using the S32K1xx EEPROM Functionality

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11983.pdf

I believe that you will find there the most of the answers.

See some information from an application description of the "flash_partitioning_s32k146":

The purpose of this demo application is to show you the usage of the FLASH driver with the S32 SDK API.

The examples does the following operations:

• Partitions the flash
  • Configures FlexNVM region as EEPROM
  • Erases flash
  • Programs flash
  • Write data to EEPROM.

I would like to be able to access this partition in a user application and to be able to write to it

Please, refer to the section “3.6 S32K1xx reading and writing the EEE” in the AN11983.

2) How do I later erase and remove the partition to restore the FTFC to its default setting?  

Mass erase operation on Flash removes partitioning.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael,

I would like to suggest you seeing AN11983 Using the S32K1xx EEPROM Functionality

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11983.pdf

I believe that you will find there the most of the answers.

See some information from an application description of the "flash_partitioning_s32k146":

The purpose of this demo application is to show you the usage of the FLASH driver with the S32 SDK API.

The examples does the following operations:

• Partitions the flash
  • Configures FlexNVM region as EEPROM
  • Erases flash
  • Programs flash
  • Write data to EEPROM.

I would like to be able to access this partition in a user application and to be able to write to it

Please, refer to the section “3.6 S32K1xx reading and writing the EEE” in the AN11983.

Mass erase operation on Flash removes partitioning.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
mikesfn
Contributor III

Thanks Diana.

0 Kudos