S32K146 EVB Fails to Connect (QSG has no troubleshooting tips?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 EVB Fails to Connect (QSG has no troubleshooting tips?)

Jump to solution
mikesfn
Contributor III

I'm attempting to bring up the S32K146 EVB for the first time following the Quick Start Guide. Jumper settings are set to default and I am connected through the microUSB. I have FreeMASTER 2.0.0.10 running on Windows 10.

When I connect, the OpenSDA COM port is recognized by Windows just fine. However, on the EVB, the RGB LED is flashing red (contradictory to the QSG which says it should be green), and when I attempt to connect to the board using the FreeMASTER connection wizard all I get is the following prompt:

pastedImage_1.png

When I follow through the subsequent dialogs to manually select the COM port and baud rate I get this:

pastedImage_2.png

I tried manually connecting via the Project -> Options dialog, which doesn't give me any error messages but also doesn't do anything at all. The QSG says that the JumpStart project should be downloaded automatically but that doesn't happen. 

I tried updating the serial driver through Device Manager, but it tells me that the latest version is already installed. I'm out of ideas. What else can I try?

FYI, I installed FreeMASTER through the S32DS installer package, not separately, if that makes a difference.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The newest FreeMASTER 3.0 can be downloaded here:

FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool | NXP 

At first, please, copy the "S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec" (attached) into your S32K146EVB disk that is listed in your PC window.

pastedImage_1.png

Then open the FreeMASTER (I have tested version 2.0 and also 3.0).

Project -> Options :

pastedImage_2.png

Then after clicking at Start/Stop you will see the jumpstart project

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

Please, let me know if not helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The newest FreeMASTER 3.0 can be downloaded here:

FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool | NXP 

At first, please, copy the "S32K146EVB_OOBE_FreeMASTER_Firmware.srec" (attached) into your S32K146EVB disk that is listed in your PC window.

pastedImage_1.png

Then open the FreeMASTER (I have tested version 2.0 and also 3.0).

Project -> Options :

pastedImage_2.png

Then after clicking at Start/Stop you will see the jumpstart project

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

Please, let me know if not helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos