S32K144 issue with CAN example on SDK_S32K1xx_15

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 issue with CAN example on SDK_S32K1xx_15

prajwal_bv
Contributor I

I am trying to run the CAN code with the name can_pal_s32k144 from the example. But I am not able to see any CAN message transmitted or being received by the controller. The code builds without any issues and I am also able to download and debug the code without any errors. I have also done the appropriate jumper settings to run the board from 12 V and removed both the connectors of J108/109 to enable terminating resistor (which is disabled by default). I am not able to debug what is causing the issue. I am using a PCAN device with PCAN explorer application at the host PC.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

prajwal_bv
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

I tested again with jumpers J108/109 placed. The CAN example makes use of PTE4 and PTE5 for CAN_Rx and CAN_Tx but currently the issue I am facing is that there is no change in line voltage level at CAN_Tx when I send something through CAN (by pressing the user switch).

Regards,

Prajwal B V

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

well, and what else for the rest I asked.

So my guess...SBC's CAN transceiver is disabled as SBC leaves default configuration (Forced Normal Mode).

Restore default setting as it is mentioned in chapter 7.11.2 Restoring factory preset values of the SBC datasheet.

BR, Petr 

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

jumpers J108/109 should be placed so the bus is terminated on EVB side. Also you should use GND/CANH/CANL wires to connect with other node.

It could be fine if you can check CAN bus and TX/RX lines with a scope to know there is any signal once you send message from MCU or CANtool.

Also check the FlexCAN ESR1 register after CAN init is done, and once you send a message check ESR1 and ECR. Do you see any error detected?

BR, Petr

0 Kudos