cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 in pernament reset

przemyslaw_k
Contributor I

Hi,

I have problem with S32K144EVB-Q100, SCH-29248 REV C, 700-29248 REV A. D1 SDA_RST_LED lights on continuously. I can't connect to NFC Cockpit tool.

PXL_20230601_085209036.jpg

The firmware update process was interrupted, I guess this caused the processor to lock up.

I tried this solution, https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/16/bricking-and-recovering-frdm-kl25z-boards-reset-swd-clock-and-lo... but it didn't help. Kinetis Recovery Utility program didn't halt processor.

I tried to upload software using J-Link and JTAG interface but failed to connect. 

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? Thank you for help in advance

Regards,

Przemek

0 Kudos
7 Replies

PU1
Contributor II

Is it works @przemyslaw_k  for your board.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @przemyslaw_k 

Could you please measure the orange point (refer attached image) in your board with an oscilloscope?

VaneB_1-1685649689663.png

As it looks like your reset LED is always ON, a reason for your issue could be that the reset line is indeed being pulled up for a really short period of time periodically, this can cause no code can be loaded to the EVB.

B.R.

VaneB

przemyslaw_k
Contributor I

@VaneB Thank you for your quick response

Yes, I could measure this signal with an oscilloscope. Below I have attached screen shots.

DS0003.BMP

DS0005.BMP

Yeah, I think this is a possible reason. Peaks occur every 120us.

BR

Przemek

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @przemyslaw_k 

Could you try if the below works for you? 

Hold the reset button while trying to flash the board with a dummy example as a blink example, it will fail and ask if you wanted us to try again, then release the reset button and try to load the image again, the program should load successfully and recover the board. 

0 Kudos

przemyslaw_k
Contributor I

@VaneB Unfortunately, this way doesn't work. Using J-Link, I can't upload the program because I can't connect. When entering bootloader mode and dragging the program to disk, no message pops up.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @przemyslaw_k 

Would you help me with testing the same process by connecting it to the onboard debugger?

0 Kudos

alexandrehochar
Contributor III

Hello @ VaneB,

I have the exact same problem with my custom board, did you find the problem and fix it ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos