S32K144 custom eval board unable to boot up.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 custom eval board unable to boot up.

Jump to solution
Pranay_FW
Contributor I

I recently made a custom evaluation board for the NXP FS32K144UAT0VLLT microcontroller. This board is very simple in terms of functionality. The schematic of the board is attached below. I'm using Jlink debugger to program this microcontroller. The problem is that the reset pin of this microcontroller is constantly pulled down internally to ground. There's no short circuit on the PCB as well. I've checked it multiple times. Therefore the board is not able to operate even after flashing the firmware.

I've also added a pullup on the reset by this pin is still pulled down to the ground potential. Is there anything wrong with the schematic that I've made? Can you please verify if the schematic is ok or not? I've taken reference from all available documentation for this microcontroller and also crosschecked with the schematics of the NXP's official S32K144 eval board. Everything seems to check out.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Selecting Fast IRC to provide clock for SPLL only support S32K14xW.(But your chip is S32K144)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

The schematic looks correct. For a blanked chip, it is normal for the reset pin to output a low pulse periodically. After correct code is programed into the chip, the reset pin will be high.

Since you use Segger J-Link, please refer to Unbricking S32K146

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Pranay_FW
Contributor I

Hi Robin

Thanks for the confirmation on schematic. The PCB that i made started working when we erased the chip using segger utilities and configuring the clock of the chip correctly. 

My firmware guy was using the internal RC oscillator instead of the external crystal oscillator in clock configuration. Due to high gain of the PLL, the RC oscillator was malfunctioning leading to either 0 or some wierd oscillations in the reset pin. 

Changing clock configuration to use the  external  crystal oscillator made the board work beautifully.

Thanks again Robin

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Selecting Fast IRC to provide clock for SPLL only support S32K14xW.(But your chip is S32K144)

0 Kudos