S32K144 S-record (S2)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 S-record (S2)

ClaudioB
Contributor II

I need to generate a S-record executable file by S32DS for the S32K144 micro.

When I select the Motorola format in the IDE settings the result is a S1 records file but I would like to generate the S2 records, as it happens when I try to compile the example project of the unified (UDS) bootloader project by NXP.

Could you suggest me how is possible to make the S2 motorola format file?

Thank you in advance,

Claudio

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ClaudioB
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer, 

But, I have to say you that I don't understand it, because I'm able to check that with some projects, the s32ds  generated records  results in S2 type with 3 byte long adresses.
When with my previous project I obtained the S1 records format file, If I forced the ide to generate a S3 records file, I was able to see in srec file generated, the aspected rcords (S3), and as you indicate me was not possible generate the S2.
However in successives compiling without forcing any specific s-records format the S32DS generated  the aspected S2 records.
This is the reason because I answer to you just now.

Thank you so much for your support.

Claudio

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am apologizing but I have taken a snapshot of a option that did not work for me, by a chance. It should be there

--srec-forceS3

I have discussed with expert telling me S-record format switches automatically. If for used address range S1 is enough, it'll be used.

Would you tell me specific case leading in S2 format? I haven't seen it with my tests, only S3.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, S32 Design Studio does not support S2 format. According to address ranges it automatically switches between S1 and S3 format, or you can force S3 option as shown below:

davidtosenovjan_0-1614093669664.png

Or you may use some external converting tools as following for instance:

http://srecord.sourceforge.net/

0 Kudos