cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 EVB said PEmicro GDB Launch Failure

dashuangshengds
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using S32K144 EVB. It said "PEmicro GDB Launch Failure " after I have downlaod sevral times program to S32K144 by OpenSDA on the EVB. It show like this.

pastedImage_1.png

And I try to resove the problem:

1, Try different debug tool. I have try using PE multilink universal FX, and the result is same;

2, I press the reset button "SW1", the OpenSDA can go to bootloader mode, but the S32K144 is still working and can't be reset by the reset button "SW1".

3, I try to use full chip erase  but the result is same. The config is show below

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Is the GBD have some problem? I hope someone can help me, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This issues doesn't look like an common problem.

Please check this post: Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power | MCU on Eclipse  and try P&E recovery utility chapter. 

Best regards,

Razvan

dashuangshengds
Contributor II

Thank you,I got it!

0 Kudos

dashuangshengds
Contributor II

I study the problem. I found the application program have been add new feature:  PTA4 / JTAG_TMS,PTA5 / RESET, PTC4/ JTAG_TCK,  PTC5/JTAG_TDI are be configged to GPIO. So after the EVB power on, the App is running, and the debug port are changed to GPIO, then OpenSDA conn't connect to the MCU. 

So I replaced the EVB MCU with new one and it is working normal now!

I think there is maybe have another solution,  but I don't know how to download a right App to MCU when the debug port is missing. If any body get it, please share me, thanks!

0 Kudos