S32K144 CAN_FD 4M ERROR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 CAN_FD 4M ERROR

kirkgong
Contributor I

Config can fd data field baudrate 2M CAN Transmit correct, but change to 4M can not transmit data field (the control field is correct),

0 Kudos
9 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for 4Mbps data rate a TDC has to be enabled to allow proper bit detection on transceiver RX pin.

So do you set TDCEN bit and calculate TDCOFF properly?

You can use CAN bit timing calculator (https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342618) for this.

BR, Petr

kirkgong
Contributor I

Hi Petr Stancik,

Thank you for your help! CAN_FD can send data correct at 4M baudrate.But at this time ,I have to connect Tx pin and Rx pin directly. otherwise it can not send data field. I think  that the signal conduct to Rx pin from transceiver have a little delay (about 125 ns). This delay influence the data send at 4M baudrate. So i connect Tx pin and rx pin directly can send data.  I test this case with S32K144EVB-Q100, the transceiver is UJA1169TK/F, I look up the transceiver datasheet found UJA1169TK/F support only 2M baudrate.

I have two question ,

1.Although it can send data at 4M baudrate, but I can not use it normally Because it can not connect to transceiver.

2.Although it can send data at 4M baudrate, when i config data baudrate to 8M it can not send data field again 

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Can you share the code please

0 Kudos

kirkgong
Contributor I

It's a keil project that can not share it on this page,can you tell me what problem you have.    CAN Bit Timing calculation v1.0 excel can help you config the baudrate, if you want use higher baudrate ,you need enable the TDC function.

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Hi Kirk,

I am using S32k144 .I need CAN FD frame with 5000Kbps.I modified example project given in s32Design Stdio but it didnot work.It worked with 500kbps.Can you help me to configure it for 5000kbps

0 Kudos

kirkgong
Contributor I

can you tell me your email address or we chat account ?this page can not send attachment.

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Are you using external oscillator as clock source?

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

sreevishakh@gmail.com

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if using external loopback for test, 8M should work too, I think, but SSP must be properly set or TDC disabled.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos