cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K118 I/O Characterization

RomanPBudek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Customer would like to get information on the acceptable quality of the signal from key performance indicators on the microcontroller perspective on the receive side of the communication signal.

The datasheet does not provide acceptance criteria if the input signal Rise and Fall time as a percentage of the overall clock frequency/ Clock Low/High duration perspective

What would be the timing requirements accordingly:

Diagram

Measurements

Acceptance criteria

RomanPBudek_0-1620245151341.jpeg

This diagram shows horizontal cursors at 20% and 80% of the signal amplitude. The fall time measurement is captured as 11.6ns

Please provide an acceptable Fall  time range

RomanPBudek_1-1620245151356.jpeg

This diagram shows the same signal measuring Clock High duration, which is 83.2ns

RomanPBudek_2-1620245151370.jpeg

This diagram shows horizontal cursors at 20% and 80% of the signal amplitude. The fall time measurement is captured as 10ns

Please provide an acceptable Rise  time range

0 Kudos
3 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, could you clarify which specific peripheral is this question related to?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

RomanPBudek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The customer will be using a variety of peripherals which include I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, FlexIO an others. Can NXP provide a white paper or calculator for determining this data for each peripheral.

@davidtosenovjan 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It is not being so explicitly defined unless it is required by certain peripheral, otherwise it is stated in device datasheet. With this device I see such specification in LPSPI module.

In other aspect in is just CMOS with hysteresis, length of edges is not important unless it affect setup/hold time or other AC characteristic of specific peripheral.

0 Kudos