cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K unified bootloader demo send key

HayZam
Contributor II

Hello community!

I am trying to use the unified bootloader with S32K116 and LIN.

I am checking the OpenBus tool at the ISO-LIN-UDS-TOOL section with the “S32K116_LIN_uds.json” config file. I  noticed that when sending the UDS [0x27,0x02] for SendKey, a default key equal to [ "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F" ] is sent. Seems like it does not matter what the received seed from the previous step (RequestSeed) is , the key will always be the same.

I analyzed the code for Security Access and noticed that a random value is sent as a seed when a “Request seed” (0x27,0x01) is received. Later, when SendKey [0x27,0x01] service is called it executes a decrypt function to the received data in order to compared it to the previously sent seed and see if they match. So it do seems like a different value is expected every time “SendKey” is received.

My doubts are:

• Why always sending the same key is valid for this demo? The encryption step is not taking into account on the demo?
  • If I would like to implement the complete process (Request seed-> receive seed-> apply algorithm to seed -> return resultant key with SendKey service) when or where should I put my encrypt code to apply the algorithm to the received seed?  Is the OpenBus GUI editable to integrate this encryption step?

Thank you in advance.

HayZam.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

HayZam
Contributor II

Hello Lukas!
Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I am interested on getting the source files, please.

I just created my ticket. Case Number:00347249.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,
HayZam

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

please notice that this is a demo project only, it's not supposed to be production software. It's provided as is with no guarantees and no support. However, I can share the source files of NXPOpenBus, so you can use it as a starting point to develop own solution. Just create new ticket here: https://support.nxp.com/ and I will send you the source files.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos