cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K how to protect the data against reading out through SWD or JTAG

Jump to solution
chcd007
Contributor II

Even when the MCU is not running, the data inside the S32K flash can be read back through JLINK. S32K MCU FDPROT has write protection function, does not provide read protection function.I have had a brief look at the MPU chapter, and I have a sense that this part of the function only comes into effect when MCU is running, I don't know if MY understanding is correct. So how do I protect my data from being read out of SWD or JTAG ports,if MPU can?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@chcd007

I sent your email, please check!

BR!

Jim,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
arca
Contributor I

My project also need reading protection feature (disable JTAG,SWD)

Can share me the solution too?

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@chcd007

I sent your email, please check!

BR!

Jim,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zhan
Contributor I

My project also need reading protection feature (disable JTAG,SWD)

Can share me the solution too?

Thanks

0 Kudos
GilArbos1
Contributor I

Why don't you give the solution for everyone? I am in the same sitiation

0 Kudos
chcd007
Contributor II
Spoiler

Hi,Jim:

Thanks for your reply and email.I think I know how to do now. Here is one question from  the document attatched in the email.

If I want to protect the 32K region position at the beginning of Flash, should I set FPROT0 to 0xFC or should I set FPROT3 to 0xFC?  As I understand it, isn't flash partitioning from bit 0 of the lowest address to bit 32 of the highest address?The illustration(long  0xFCFFFFFF) at the end of the document confused me.

At last  where can click "Mark Correct" button on the web. I can see"SHARE" "REPLY""Kudos""Accept as solution",but no "Mark Correct".if you means "Accept as solution"

0 Kudos