Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS:how to watch software run time

Jump to solution
Jingjing
Contributor I

hello:

when debug use s32ds, how to watch the act time between two break?

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Jingjing

S32DS for ARM does support the “live view” feature. It’s called Real Time Expressions. It’s available as plugin for Pemicro probes. Take a look at:

How to enable Live View for variables when debugging 

Notice that this works only for ARM devices and for Pemicro interfaces. It’s not available for PowerPC devices MPC5xxx and for other debugging interfaces.

Another option for “live view” is Freemaster software:
FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool 

As a final option to measure time is to use an Oscilloscope or Logic Analyzer together with GPIO pin toggling for time measurement.
The GPIO pin toggling presents minimum code intervention and known self-compensated delay for port write.

B.R.

VaneB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Jingjing

S32DS for ARM does support the “live view” feature. It’s called Real Time Expressions. It’s available as plugin for Pemicro probes. Take a look at:

How to enable Live View for variables when debugging 

Notice that this works only for ARM devices and for Pemicro interfaces. It’s not available for PowerPC devices MPC5xxx and for other debugging interfaces.

Another option for “live view” is Freemaster software:
FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool 

As a final option to measure time is to use an Oscilloscope or Logic Analyzer together with GPIO pin toggling for time measurement.
The GPIO pin toggling presents minimum code intervention and known self-compensated delay for port write.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
Jingjing
Contributor I

that is my need. thand you very much.

0 Kudos