Running Libuavcan demo on S32K146 evb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Libuavcan demo on S32K146 evb

KelvinSmith
Contributor III

We just received a S32K146 evb board today and I tried running the Libuavcan demo on it. We've been running this demo on the S32K1SIC boards and are able to step through code and debug, but when I try it with the S32K146 board, the debugger won't function and all I can do is terminate. I'm hoping this is something simple, but I haven't figured out what it could be.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

KelvinSmith
Contributor III

Thanks Petr,

I have been debugging with the GDB SEGGER J-link Debugger. You have set it up under the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging. I'm not familiar with the PEMicro, but I have a JLink debugger that I use. But, just in case, I tried setting it up as you described, but when I try to run I get an error that says: "Error while launching command: --version"

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have used OpenSDA USB debug interface, which is integrated on the S32K146EVB.
I do not have JLink debugger, once I will have an option to use it I will try the same.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the Libuavcan demo does not include debug configuration, so you need to create new one.
I can recommend to reuse an existing project debug configuration or create a new dummy project for loading .elf/srec/hex.
Below is the config I tried, I copy existing configuration and change path to the generated elf.

PetrS_0-1674035533703.png

I was able to debug project then on S32K146EVB

PetrS_1-1674035556431.png

BR, Petr

0 Kudos