cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recoverin JTAG lines to default state

jaikumar81
Contributor II

Dear Team

We noticed there was some problem in port initialization(of Autosar configuration) due to which controller (S32k148-100 pin) is resetting.

To analyze the same and zero down further we have started deactivating few ports(probably deactivated even JTAG lines too). 

Due to the above reason, now we are unable to flash the image using S32kDesign studio using PnE debugger. I have attached snapshot of the same.

Kindly share the inputs, how JTAG lines could be recovered to its default state.

Best Regards,

Jayakumar Appari.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jaikumar81
Contributor II

Hello Robin

thanks for sharing the software.

I have tried with the shared software, it too did not work for me.

Thinking to cross check the hardware setup I have for the custom board, will diagnoses and reply back.

Best Regards,

Jayakumar Appari.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jaikumar81,

Please try to use the P&E Recovery Utility described in "Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power".

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jaikumar81
Contributor II

Hello Robin,

thanks for sharing the supporting link.

I have tried couple of retries(S32k148-100, custom board) with Kinetis_Recovery_Utility , and has following error "could not place the controller in halt state", when connected to the target with PnE debugher (using USB Multi Link)

To verify whether Kinetis_Recovery_Utility is actually testable on S32K, I have tried with S32k148-144(eval board) in openSD mode.

However with eval board too, I have same error "could not place the controller in halt state".

I am expecting this(Kinetis_Recovery_Utility) should have worked atleast on eval board.

There are no issues in connecting to eval board(in OpenSd mode) and also with PnE debuger,  I could connect other custom board (S32k!48-100)too.

Kindly let me know, if there is any other means to change the default state of JTAG lines.

Best regards,

Jayakumar Appari.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When I use the old version of Kinetis_Recovery_Utility, it was able to halt it.(on board OpenSDA of S32K148EVB and external P&E Multilink RevB )
But when use the latest version Kinetis_Recovery_Utility, it does not work.
I have attached the old version of Kinetis_Recovery_Utility.

0 Kudos