cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read UID LPC15xx via J-Flash

pat_wit
Contributor II

Hi everybody,

i wanted to know if i could read the UID via J-Flash/J-Link by reading a special flash region/address?

I know that it is possible by using IAP. But i want to use the UID do switch between parts in production (blank chip).

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you know that the UID can only be read in ISP or by IAP function, in ISP mode, user can read UID bu uart port or CAN port rather than SWD, the J-link communicates with chip via only SWD. User can read UID with IAP function. The UID is not saved in a memory cell or register, so I suppose that you can not read UID with j-flash/J-link.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

pat_wit
Contributor II

Hi XiangJun Rong,

thanks for the reply.

At those two topics i read that it is possible:

LPC54102 Have UID to differentiate device?

LPC81x UID Register Address 

May those are different chips but i think it should also be possible on the LPC15xx

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi, Patrick, I agree with you that the UID is saved somewhere, but the address is not open to public, neither reference manual nor data sheet mentions the UID address for the LPC15xx. For the LPC5410x, because the ISP commend has issue, so the errata gives the address of UID. But both RM and data sheet of LPC5410x do not mention the UID address officially. BR XiangJun Rong
0 Kudos

pat_wit
Contributor II

Hi XiangJun Rong,

thanks for the fast response.

What about the address in the LPC81 topic?

Why is the address of the UID such a mystery?

Best regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos