cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor expert application is not working in AN12323SW firmware update

eric_gantumur
Contributor I
Hello,
I am using AN12323SW as a baseline for a project that I am working on. Using the software provided with the application note, I am able to transfer the provided firmware successfully. Also, I was able to get my own simple LED application update working by making changes to the startup_s32k144.s, which initializes the hardware manually.
I removed the Reset_Handler() located in the startup.s and replaced it with main() so that when the bootloader jumps directly to main(). However, for some reason, whenever I use the processor expert, the application seems to fail during hardware setup.
Therefore, I am unable to get the processor expert/FreeRTOS based LED blinking app/firmware running on the target ECU. As mentioned in the application note, I am using the IAR compiler for compiling Position Independent Code. It seems that any application that uses the processor expert code to initialize the hardware, does not work properly when bootloader jumps to the application and goes into a WDOG_EWM_IRQHandler() as shown below.
image.png
Am I missing anything or what is the issue here?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the delay. The AN12323 doesn't use the Processor Expert, so, it is quite complicated to find the root cause of the issue without the code. For example, I have met a similar issue after the SBC_init function.

Have you checked whether your code initializes a watchdog? 

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos