Problem is power supply to the S32K3X4-T172 board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem is power supply to the S32K3X4-T172 board

SParihar
Contributor III

I am proving 12V 2 A power to the board, but only D2 LED glows. D4 and D5 LED remain OFF even when I turn ON the switch. Are there any solution for this problem.
The board was working correctly few days ago.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Djuric
Contributor I

@SParihar I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve this problem somehow? Thank you.

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SParihar,

D2 LED show the presence of the supply voltage (12V) from the adaptor. Please help me confirming the jumper configurations from the Getting Started with the S32K3X4EVB-T172 guide, as well as the switch position and the debugger cable.

Please update me on any findings.

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos

SParihar
Contributor III
All jumpers are on default position. I am using a micro usb SDA cable for debugging. I am following the hardware manual when turning ON the board, switching power switch SW1 from position 2-3 to 1-2 when adapter is connected.
It was working correctly few days ago.
0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SParihar,

Please help me checking the voltage source for the board, as if no LEDs are illuminated when power is applied to the EVB and the regulators are correctly enabled using the appropriate jumpers, it is possible that either power supply is not connected properly, or the voltage level is lower that the specified [+12.0V
to ≥2Amps].

Note that the fuse will not protect against one of the EVB regulators being shorted. If this happens, damage is likely to occur to the EVB and/or components. 

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

SParihar
Contributor III
D2 LED turns ON, means supply voltage is correct. The problem is in the board, maybe it has been damaged because D4 and D5 LED are not glowing.
0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SParihar,

Could you help me measuring the voltage levels on the MCU? You can follow these guidelines: AN13461: NXP Microcontroller Troubleshooting Checklist - Application Note

A component in your board could be faulty and causing no voltage to be powered into the MCU.

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos

SParihar
Contributor III

I tried to watch voltage level from different jumpers and trackpoints. 

P3V3 and +3.3 Volts Power Supply is working fine.

The P5V0 is 0 V, I measured it from TP26 and J39.13. This is when jumpers are in default position.

But when I make the J18 jumper open, all D1, D2, D4, D5 LEDs starts glowing and the TP26 shows 5 V in the oscilloscope.

Can you suggest me the solution from above information ? Please let me know if you need any more information.

Attached Image shows LEDs when jumper 18 is in OPEN position.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SParihar,

Could you confirm the voltage supply in FS26 when J18 is in 2-3 position? This should return the 3.3v value. By removing J18, no voltage should be active for the VDD_HV_A domain, as stated in the Hardware User Manual:

Julin_AragnM_0-1708035263932.png

Also, please help me going into the Hardware Design resources, and confirming the voltage connections for LDO1OUT1/2, in case of any burned components before the FS26ZZXMA0D.

Julin_AragnM_1-1708036082346.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

SParihar
Contributor III

When connecting the J18 in 2-3 position, J427 gives nearly 0V. Which is similar to what was happening when J18 was in 1-2 position, J427 was 0V.

But when I open the J427, 
1. VDD_HV_A = 5V for position 1-2 in J18;
2. VDD_HV_A = 3.3 V for posotion 2-3 in J18 (voltage measured from pin 2 of J427).
3. D3 RED LED of RESET_K3 starts glowing for positions 1-2 and 2-3 of J18.

I think the problem is due to the pin 1 of J427.

I didn't understood your second point but, J25 = 5V and J27 = 3.3V meaning LDO1OUT and LDO2OUT are working properly.

Attached image is showing the D3 LED when J427 is in open position. 
Thanks

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @SParihar

Could it be an accidently shorted signal? Like the VDD power supply to the GND.

J427 is responsible for voltage supply in VDD_HV_A, if there has been any overvoltage or shorting, I'm afraid there is not much that can be replicated from our side, I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause.

Julin_AragnM_0-1708121105678.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos