OpenSDA (MK20DX128VFM5) connection details

ソリューションへジャンプ
750件の閲覧回数
ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

Greetings of the day.

Please help me understand this issue.

I am facing a small problem in the power supply of the openSDA chip.

The MK20DX128VFM5 chip is used for this purpose. I am sharing the screenshot as well for your reference.

The chip has a pin no. 5, VOUT33; which gives out 3.3V output. Again, at pin no. 1 (VDD1)and 7(VDDA), we need to supply 3.3V to the chip.

My question is, are we going to supply 3.3V separately to this VDD1 and VDDA pins; or can we use the output of VOUT33 to supply the same chip.

I have never seen a chip being powered up from its own output.

Please help.

Thank you for your time.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-12 at 6.31.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-12 at 6.31.50 PM (1).jpeg

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
734件の閲覧回数
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ankan_creatara,

There is a USB regulator in this MCU, so VOUT33 can power VDD VDDA when VREGIN is connected to VBUS. Kinetis K20: 50MHz Cortex-M4 up to 160KB Flash (32 pin)

3.9.1.2.3 USB bus power supply.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
4 返答(返信)
731件の閲覧回数
ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hi @Robin_Shen ,

Thank you so much for your time and support.

PART-A

Could you kindly help me understand what exactly V_TGTMCU is? As I can see in the schematic as well, VDD is same as V_TGTMCU is it true? What is the value of VDD here? Is it 3.3V or 5V?

ankan_creatara_1-1665742134889.png

ankan_creatara_0-1665742101075.png

Please help.

PARTB

There are other instances of VDD as well. I have attached a screenshot of the same for your kind reference. 

ankan_creatara_0-1665741941422.png

Are both the VDD of PART A and PART B same? If not, what would be the value of VDD in PART B? 

Please help

Thank you for your time.

0 件の賞賛
返信
714件の閲覧回数
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The voltage of VDD is 5V by default on S32K144EVB, because J10 Jumper defaults to DNP, and P5V0 is connected to VDD through R64.

J10 S32K144EVB RevB1.png

These level shifter chips are needed because the voltage of VDD may be different from P3V3_SDA or P5V_SBC due to the J10 jumper setting.

0 件の賞賛
返信
735件の閲覧回数
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ankan_creatara,

There is a USB regulator in this MCU, so VOUT33 can power VDD VDDA when VREGIN is connected to VBUS. Kinetis K20: 50MHz Cortex-M4 up to 160KB Flash (32 pin)

3.9.1.2.3 USB bus power supply.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 件の賞賛
返信
690件の閲覧回数
ankan_creatara
Contributor III

Hi @Robin_Shen ,

Thank you for your insight. 

0 件の賞賛
返信