MCSXTE2BK142 Application Software no Startup in Voltage FOC mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSXTE2BK142 Application Software no Startup in Voltage FOC mode

lukas_berger
Contributor II

Hello I am using the MCSXTE2BK142 Development Board with the Application Software available on the product page. In combination with the FreeMaster project I get the motor to turn in Scalar control mode. However, when I select one of the other modes (Voltage FOC control mode, Current (torque) control mode) and select the necessary parameters Ud, Uq or Id, Iq depending on the mode, only the alignment of the motor is performed and then nothing happens. In FreeMaster no PWM activities are visible after the alignment. According to my assumption, an open loop start-up should take place after the alignment, but this is not carried out.
I am grateful for any help to get the motor running in Voltage/Current control mode.
I have entered the correct motor parameters in the parameter tab of the FreeMaster interface and also generated the appropriate output file.

Thanks a lot

Lukas

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf53084
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you want to run the motor in the current FOC mode, you should

1. press ON/OFF button in MCAT. then you will hear the current noise because the PWMs are outputting.

nxf53084_0-1675069291804.png

2. input the Id and Iq, please press enter button when these two values are set. Here the Id is keeping 0A, and Iq is 0.4A, then the motor will run.

nxf53084_1-1675070065807.png

But the Current FOC mode would easily run to a FOC fault state (the motor would run inverse) due to this mode without speed ramp up.

Regards.

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I heard about some issues in past when the ctm fixed the problem by parameter measured on motor and not from datasheet.
Next issue was that they changed parameters in the Hardware scales (do not touch this values)

AN4680 PMSM electrical parameters measurement  https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN4680&location=null  

lama_0-1674651941660.jpeg

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

lukas_berger
Contributor II

Hello Ladislav, thank you for the feedback. I have measured the electrical parameters as described in AN4680. I changed the three shunt resistors on the inverter low side switches from the original 1mOhm to 250mOhm because I want to run a very small motor and the resolution of the current would not have been enough for me. Therefore I adjusted the value for I max in the hardware scales from 120A to 0.479A to cover the range of the new shunts. With this setting the phase currents are displayed correctly in FreeMaster.

Best regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos