cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAL and lin stack for S32K146

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a problem about which lin stack should be used on MCAL?  In S32DS, the lin stack is in SDK/middleware/lin, and lin driver is implemented in platform/drivers/src/lin. I download the LIN_stack_S12_4_6_3.exe, is also  a lin stack but seems not support S32K series, in bsp path, it support uart to implement lin communication.  So if I use lin module in MCAL4.3 to development S32K146,  which lin stack should be choosen, lin stack in S32DS or LIN_stack_S12_4_6_3? and if have any lin example for MCAL as reference?

Best Regards

Qiuju.ye

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello qiuju ye,

From what I know, currently NXP doesn't have a LinStack which integrate with Lin module in MCAL 4.3.

Thank and best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Huang,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I know Lin module in MCAL4.3 do not ingegrate a LinStack like S32DS sdk, but if I want to use MCAL to develop S32K14X instead of S32DS sdk, whether need to have a  LinStack like S32DS sdk? if  need,  shuold transplant LinStack in S32DS sdk or use FSL_LIN_2.X_STACK without S32K1xx series supported, which methode is better? if no need a lin stack, whether have any lin examples for reference?

Best Regards

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Helloqiuju ye,

I would like to answer your question:

Yes, I know Lin module in MCAL4.3 do not ingegrate a LinStack like S32DS sdk, but if I want to use MCAL to develop S32K14X instead of S32DS sdk, whether need to have a  LinStack like S32DS sdk?

[Hung] The LinStack just a upper layer of the LinDriver. So I cannot say that you need or do not need the LinStack. It is base on your application. The LinStack support to send the Frame as the schedule, transport layer, diagnostic frame, .... by provide APIs which mention in the Lin_specification_2.2A. But the LinDriver just support basic feature as send/receive,.. frame and application want to have schedule table, transport layer,... . It is needed to have a LinStack or application need to handle by itself.

if  need,  shuold transplant LinStack in S32DS sdk or use FSL_LIN_2.X_STACK without S32K1xx series supported, which methode is better? if no need a lin stack, whether have any lin examples for reference?

[Hung] If you want to porting the LinStack for the MCAL 4.3, from my point of view, porting from LinStack in S32SDK is better, but I think it will not easy to porting it.

For the example which use the lindriver of MCAL4.3, I just have a simple example which can send/receive frame(do not have schedule, transport layer,......)

Best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos

QiujuYe
Contributor III

Hi Hung,

I see what you mean, thanks very much. Can you give your lin example which can send/receive frame with lindriver of MCAL4.3? I can learn how to use lin module more quickly, very thanks.

Best  Regards

Qiuju.ye

0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello qiuju ye,

Please find example in attached file(this example run with S32K144EVB board)

Best regards,

Hung

0 Kudos

HancenChen
Contributor II

Hi Hung,

Could you please give me a link to download other examples for S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_0?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos