cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker file modification for A/B Swap Firmware update for S32K144

KARTHKSARODE
Contributor III

Hi Team

We have implemented the UDS based bootloader for the in-place update , below is the memory partition for the same & it is working really well 

KARTHKSARODE_0-1649852183452.png

Orange --> Bootloader , Blue --> Application 

So right now , Host(GUI) will take the application .srec file as a input & upload the firmware through CAN-CANTP-UDS 

Next I want to implement the bootloader for the A/B Swap Update , I came to following conclusion regarding the same

• The Application file should be placed in both FW locations ( .srec file will have application in 2 locations)
  • GUI will be sending the Application for both FW locations 
  • But Bootloader will have a logic to take only one FW(Neglect CAN messages of other FW) , & flash only that part of FW PFLASH 

So let me know if I have taken the right decisions related to A/B Swap firmware , If this is not a right way , Please suggest a good method to do the same 

Considering I need a srec record having application in both the FW locations , I tried modifying the linker file by memory partitioning & modifying the SECTIONS part 

But I'm not able to generate a .srec file having application in 2 different FW location 

Please help me resolve this 

Best Regards
KARTHIK SV
0 Kudos
0 Replies