cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Error for MCAL Modules

bahar
Contributor I

Hello,

I downloaded this (S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0.exe) from the link below. 

Design : Product Download : Files (flexnetoperations.com)

According to Guide to Setup NXP AutoSAR MCAL Development Environment document, i installed MCAL.

I encountered a problem after MCAL installation. I got plugins and i imported S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0_Sample_Application project to Tresos v28.2. And the error message screenshot is attached below.

In the release note, it is said that Tresos version 23.0 is used. Could I have gotten this error because I used a different version? (S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0_ReleaseNotes) 

Is it make sense?

Best regards,

Bahar

0 Kudos
10 Replies

spara7c5
Contributor III

I also realized that even if you choose a older tresos version in the NXP download center you get the setup.exe which then connects to elektrobit server for the download, so you will always get the latest version (28.1.0 currently)

0 Kudos

spara7c5
Contributor III

Hello @NamLee 
I am facing the same error of @bahar  with S32K1_S32M24x Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 and R21-11 v 2.0.0
Following your suggestion, I read the release notes and i see:

spara7c5_0-1707473704408.png

But EBT v 29 cannot be found neither in NXP download center nor from EB website

please help

Stefano

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi spara7c5,

Please enter this one in Flexera, when you try to download RTD K1 package.

Design : Product Information : Automotive SW - S32K1 - Real-Time Drivers (flexnetoperations.com)

Namm_0-1708310593339.png

Version 29.0.0 is available here from side.

Design : Product Information : Automotive SW - EB tresos Studio / AUTOSAR Configuration Tool (flexne...

Namm_1-1708310657712.png

Please help me to try this.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

spara7c5
Contributor III

Hello @NamLee ,
I had an old uid file in my download folder, this is why the exe file didn`t point to the correct tresos version. I replaced it and the download works properly. Now the problem is that Tresos provided from NXP does no contain any BSW module (EB autocore,...) so I am only able to run simple MCAL applications. 
I have obtained an EB autocore license so currently I can create a configuration with MCAL+Autocore but I still miss the OS, can you tell me how to get it? The only one I retrieved on NXP download center is S32K_AUTOSAR_OS_4_0_98_RTM_1_0_0. However this module is outdated and not compatible with the rest of the configuration. 
Please help, thanks!

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From my setup, if these files are existed so you can run the setup and also add license.

Namm_0-1708323577490.png

But it's ok if you've already done workaround and the EB works.

"Tresos provided from NXP does no contain any BSW module (EB autocore,...) so I am only able to run simple MCAL applications"

>> That's correct, the RTD package released from NXP only supports MCAL apps which in MCAL layer. Any intergrated software like EB autocore belongs to third-parties which out of scope of NXP support. You should contact EB Tresos for this one.

"The only one I retrieved on NXP download center is S32K_AUTOSAR_OS_4_0_98_RTM_1_0_0. However this module is outdated and not compatible with the rest of the configuration"

>> Please tell me which version of OS is required.

Could you share the document of the "EB Autocore" for me, for clarification?

I do not clear about this one, due to i'm not using this before.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

spara7c5
Contributor III

Hello @NamLee ,
I hope i can clarify with this screenshot:

spara7c5_1-1708325274807.png

The Os V2_0_0 AS4_7_0 is just the "dummy OS" contained in RTD. 
The Os V4_0_98 is instead the real OS from NXP but it has two issue: it is for AS 4.0.3 instead 4.0.7 and most important it is based on ARM architecture instead of ARM-CORTEXM so I cannot find it in the module panel for a CORTEXM project (in this case Dio_Example_S32K144, which is a sample project in the RTD forlder)

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi spara7c5,

I've asked my collegues and got informed that real OS is a huge part and NXP supports FreeRTOS which for S32K1 RTD 2.0.0

Namm_0-1708397927375.png

For Autosar OS, unfortunately i also be able to find only one version like you. But i'm still trying to contact with managers of ASROS for clarification.

Also from my collegue he said that most of the APIs in the old version are kept and matching (following Autosar), so it still supposes to work with the old one.

Please help me to try the FreeRTOS above and wait me a little bit more for information of AutosarOS.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

spara7c5
Contributor III

Hello @NamLee ,
I downloaded and installed SW32K1_S32M24x_FreeRTOS_10_5_1_UOS_2_0_0_DS_updatesite_D2308.
The problem is that there is only S32DS package. There is not the corresponding tresos plugin. So I cannot run the validation/generation of my project on tresos. Please help, thanks

0 Kudos

spara7c5
Contributor III

Hello,
soon I will take a look to freertos, in particular i am worried about its compatibility with RTE, etc,...
Concerning ASOR old vs new, yes I expect they have similar interface, structure, etc,... but the point here is that i cannot  materially add it (the old one) to the configuration.
For sure I will update you on freeRTOS attempt, thanks for the support so far

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi bahar,

Yes, you have to use the correct version of EB Tresos (and other tools/enviroments also) which mentioned in Release Notes.

Btw, you can download package in Flexnetoperations.com using Customer Account is that correct?

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos