Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPIT maximum achievable frequency?

JeorgeB
Contributor III

Hi,

I use S32K144 and st the clock as following with using SOSC:

SOSC : 8MHz,  SPLL:160MHz, CORE_CLK: 80MHz, BUS_CLK: 40MHz;

When I want to use LPIT with input clock = CLK_SRC_FIRC_DIV1 (which is 48MHz), There is not any problem and LPIT interrupt is as which I excepted. but in RM (page 567) "Maximum frequency governed by BUS_CLK" which is 40MHz!!!

48MHz is greater than 40MHz but MCU LPIT works fine !!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the feedback from AE team:

We need to remember that the "Bus interface clock" (BUS_CLK in this case) is the one used to feed all the logic for LPIT, in this particular example, I see that the configuration of its registers is done successfully (using the BUS_CLK), and then, the timer starts working with its functional clock (FIRCDIV2, asynchronously).

That's why apparently there is no problem. Where problems could arise is when writing/reading the LPIT regs, later in the application.

In a nutshell, they went out of the spec, but as they kept using only the functional clock, they didn't see any issues.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos