cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with NXP S32K148EVB board

Jump to solution
akshaycan1
Contributor I

1. I am using this board for the first time. Whenever I try the Connection Wizard in Create New Project. I get the Error 'Could not open project file from link : 'http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/application-software/S32K148EVB_OOBE.pmpx' . Later, I realised this link doesnt exist anymore. And I found this message on that page 

The system is currently unavailable..

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Feel free to contact our Technical Helpline at one of the following numbers:

+44 203 510 0690

Apparently this number too does not work.

2. So I thought I can directly try to build a simple Led blink code to start with and Installed the 'S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1' Created an SD32DS project from the example and tried to debug. Where I got the error 'Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Unable to auto-detect debug hardware. Please specify on the command-line. If running from Eclipse, check the launch Debug Configuration settings. Halting.'

I think my hardware is not getting detected or I am missing something in this process.
I would really appreciate if you could help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ndd922478
Contributor II

Something similar i tried to reproduce, see the below image (This is happening when the USB is not connected).  That means, in your case there is issue with USB connection. may be PEMacro usb drivers not installed properly.

ndd922478_0-1660215818541.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please check if the Windows USB Drivers(PEDrivers_install.exe ) of PEMicro is installed.(You should be able to find it in Device Manager after plug USB cable at J24)

OpenSDA should be selected in Debug Configurations.

Unable to auto-detect debug hardware OpenSDA.png

If the OpenSDA is not working, please refer to S32K148EVB Dead after OpenSDA Update. Need help to recover.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

akshaycan1
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I realised my driver was not up to update. This has solved my debug issue. However, whenever I simply try to Run the program on the board I am still getting some error.

Error starting process.
Cannot run program "C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K14x_RTM_2.0.0\examples\S32K148\driver_examples\communication\enet_loopback\Debug_FLASH\enet_loopback_s32k148.elf": Launching failed
Cannot run program "C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K14x_RTM_2.0.0\examples\S32K148\driver_examples\communication\enet_loopback\Debug_FLASH\enet_loopback_s32k148.elf": Launching failed

Can you please help me with this?

0 Kudos
ndd922478
Contributor II

Hi Akshay,

I am also using the same board, but i have not faced this kind of issue.

Check by importing any of the example project provided in SDK, and if it builds successfully then you can modify the same one instead of creating new project.

0 Kudos
akshaycan1
Contributor I

Hi, Thank you for you reply. I tried importing a pre-existing project, it gets successfully built but while debugging. I get an error saying. 

'Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : Unable to auto-detect debug hardware. Please specify on the command-line. If running from Eclipse, check the launch Debug Configuration settings. Halting.'

0 Kudos
ndd922478
Contributor II

Something similar i tried to reproduce, see the below image (This is happening when the USB is not connected).  That means, in your case there is issue with USB connection. may be PEMacro usb drivers not installed properly.

ndd922478_0-1660215818541.png

0 Kudos