Issue with S32K144 bootloader (ported from apl. note for S32K148)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with S32K144 bootloader (ported from apl. note for S32K148)

manujagrawal
Contributor II

Hi,

We have ported the bootloader application note code (AN12218SW), for S32K148, to S32K144 and have been facing an issue.

As soon as we start debugging, the code does not stop at the default breakpoint at the "main" function, instead goes to the default ISR. This does not happen if I change the m_text section to be from address 0x00000410 (just for debugging purpose)

Here is the memory section in the linker file for the bootloader project.

pastedImage_1.png

The project was built with RTM 3.0.0 SDK, hence we had to change the flash driver from the example code to the one generated by the Processor Expert. I don't think this flash driver has created any problem yet.

I have attached the 2018.R1 project below as a zip file.

Any help on this issue is highly appreciated.

7 Replies

Can_Do_bus
Contributor III

Can you update whether this issue has been resolved with Segger devices? I am experiencing the same issue when I try to use the FlexNVM as P Flash which has been partitioned fully to be a P flash i.e full 64KB for Bootloader. I am using Segger Jlink along with NXP S32 design studio on Linux. The same code works fine if I write it to P Flash. The issue crops up when I use FlexNVM as below. Please let me know whether my linker description is correct. The code is being run on S32K144 on a custom board. Please suggest how to fix this with out buying additional hardware.

/* Specify the memory areas */
MEMORY
{
/* Flash */
m_interrupts (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x0000000, LENGTH = 0x00000400
m_flash_config (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x00000010
m_text (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x10000000, LENGTH = 0x00010000 /* 64KB for Bootloader*/

/* SRAM_L */
m_data (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFF8000, LENGTH = 0x00008000

/* SRAM_U */
m_data_2 (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 0x00007000
}

Spent 24 hours to find this thread.

0 Kudos

manujagrawal
Contributor II

Hi jorge_a_vazquez,

Thank you so much for your reply.

We are using Jlink EDU Mini for debugging the project on a custom board. Can you please help me and point out what exactly is the issue with Jlink? Is there any setting that we have to keep in mind while flashing?

Regards

Manuj Agrawal

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuj Agrawal

It seems SEGGER tools are not supporting FlexNVM programming or has some issues with some projects. We are contacting Segger for this issue, we will update this thread asap.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

manujagrawal
Contributor II

Hi, jorge_a_vazquez‌,

Thank you for your time and help. We are planning to buy S32K144EVB for a temporary fix and to initially test and develop bootloader. Since it has OPEN-SDA interface, will programming the bootloader on it still be an issue?

Also, later on we will buy PE-MICRO U-MULTILINK for programming custom boards as in the product link: Click Here. Do such projects create problems with U-MULTILINK too?

Can you also please tell me if the project was stuck in default ISR when you tried running the attached bootloader project using OPEN-SDA interface? Which board/programmer did you use and would also suggest us?

Regards

Manuj Agrawal

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuj Agrawal

At the moment the issue is only with Segger interface, so if you use the OpenSDA with P&Emicro interface or you use an external programmer like multilink, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Regarding your program, when I download it, there wasn't any problem reaching the main().

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

manujagrawal
Contributor II

Hi, jorge_a_vazquez‌,

Thank you very much for your response. We will proceed ahead with P&Emicro and multilink interfaces for now. I guess it will be a great help to many developers if you can get the issue with Jlink programmers resolved through Segger's help.

Thanks and Regards

Manuj Agrawal

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuj Agrawal

The issue is not related with your project, it is related with the programming interface that you are using, the demo is programming the flexNVM memory (0x10000000). I was able to program your project using the P&EMicro interface of the OpenSDA.

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos