Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt not working after VLPS->RUN mode transition

Jump to solution
priyakrish
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using MCAL S32K14X_MCAL4_0_RTM_HF3_1_0_4. Currently I am experimenting MCU RUN->VLPS and VLPS->RUN mode transition. I am able to switch to VLPS mode successfully from RUN mode. ECU will wait in WFI instruction till GPIO interrupt occurs(Mcu_SetMode(Sleep_Config)). Falling edge transition in a GPIO pin detect wakeup and triggers interrupt and comes out of the VLPS and return to RUN mode and starts normal TASK execution.

But after waking up from VLPS mode, CAN interrupt as well as other MCAL interrupts are not triggering, which was working earlier in RUN mode. But Cortex-M4 System Tick Interrupt is triggering well even after waking up from VLPS mode.

The PMSTAT register in debugger shows it is RUN mode only. My concern is why interrupts are not working after waking up from the VLPS mode ? Even interrupts are enabled in MCAL modules and BASEPRI register shows  0x00000000 only during this scenario.

I hope clock re-initialization is achieved by using Mcu_SetMode(Run_Config) API in MCAL after waking up from VLPS .

Before going to VLPS mode, MCAL modules are not deinitialized. Hence after wakeup from VLPS, none of the MCAL modules are reinitialized.

Appreciate your kind support.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Priya Krish

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

My name is Omar and I will gladly answer your questions.

When the device is in VLPS the CAN is Off. When you do the transition from VLPS to RUN it is important to re-initialize the module.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Priya Krish

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

My name is Omar and I will gladly answer your questions.

When the device is in VLPS the CAN is Off. When you do the transition from VLPS to RUN it is important to re-initialize the module.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos