cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C S32K144 problem

amarasaif
Contributor II

Hello,
I use 2 evaluation board S2K144 EVB-Q100 to start using I2C communication.
I started by adding 2 external pull up 4.7k on the PTA2 and PTA3 pins.
I deactivate the internal pll up on the pin-mux driver on the 2 pins PTA2 and PTA3.

I connect the same GND betwen 2 board.
I tried the (lpi2c_master_s32k144) and (lpi2c_slave_s32k144) test example to start a small example of I2C communication test with the S32K1xx RTM 3.0.0 SDK and S32K1xx RTM 0.8.6 SDK 
but but I do not receive anything on the Slavic board and on the master board
the 2 buffer rx and tx are always 0
is there a reason that the 2 buffer rx and tx do not change ?

I dont have a oscilloscope to see the signal.
do you have a functional example to share with me to start a simple i2c communication between 2 board?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi amara saif,

I have test the lpi2c_master_s32k144 and lpi2c_slave_s32k144 example without modify anything.
During debug I was able to see that the master rx buffer has the same elements as slave tx buffer and slave rx buffer has the same elements as master tx buffer after running the example.

LPI2C MASTER.png

lpi2c_master_s32k144.png

lpi2c_slave_s32k144.png

If you disable internal pull up resistors, please make sure the external resistors are pull up to the correct voltage.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos