cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write into EEEPROM using j-link

leila
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with S32K118. I have already configue emulate eeprom and it works perfectly; writing and reading while the application is running.

My question is if I could write into EEEPROM directly using J-link or another debuger as well? Then on which address should I write, 0x10000000?

I am using DS for ARM v2018.R1, SDK_RTM_3.0.0.

Thank you for your supprt.

Best regards,

Leila

3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leila,

yes, you can write the EEPROM directly by debugger. It doesn't matter if the FlexRAM is written by your code (by core) or by a debugger. You can write to the same addresses as you write by your code.

Regards,

Lukas

leila
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for the response back. I got more questions.

1- To write into emulate eeprom using a debugger, I should write into FlexRAM? Then it means I just have access to 2KB of FlexNVM via FlexRAM, am I right?

2- Could I write into FlexNVM for the first time using a debugger before partitioning FlexNVM as eeeprom?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Leila

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Leila,

1. Yes and yes.

2. No. If you want to use Emulated EEPROM, all read/writes are done using FlexRAM. Once partition is done, FlexNVM allocated for EEE is not accessible ever - it won't be visible in the memory map. If you want to load some data to EEE, it must be done after partitioning.

Regards,

Lukas