cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unbrick S32k144 using PEmicro

parveez
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am trying to unbrick my S32K144 Eval board. I have followed the steps described here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/16/bricking-and-recovering-frdm-kl25z-boards-reset-swd-clock-and-lo...

Even after doing power cycling for more than 100 times I was unsuccessful. 

I am not sure what must be the problem with my board but I am unable to download code on the board. Only the green light is on when Powered up and U11 chip on board heats up. 

Is there a way I can fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It seems like the U11 chip is damaged and you cannot power the MCU from the USB.

Please measure the MCU power supply VDD_MCU.

danielmartynek_0-1602505545086.png

You can try switching to 12V, J107.2-3

danielmartynek_1-1602505985839.png

You can try an external debugger unless of course the S32K144 MCU is damaged as well.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

parveez
Contributor I

Hi @danielmartynek 

Is it possible to replace the U11 chip? 

This occurred on other S32k144 board when MC33772B was connected. Not sure what is the issue. I tried external debugger. But I am not able to halt processor. If I am using Model based design, how can I program the MCU using external debugger? 

Since, it has happened on two boards, I am looking for a solution and reasons for what is causing this.

For the first time, I had connected relays and was testing relay switching when this happened. That boar never recovered. On the second board, I had MC33772 EVB connected and it was working fine before this occurred. Now I am not even able to power up the second board with 12V. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It is hard to say, if just the U11 power switch was damaged, you could replace it.

The 5V power supply (P5V_SBC) from the 12V input is generated by the UJA1169 SBC.

So if P5V_SBC is not generated, then either the SBC is damaged as well or there is a short on P5V_SBC probably in the S32K1 MCU.

Regarding MBDT, please post it here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/ct-p/mbdt

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos