cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to periodically sample a single ADC channel using S32K146

teccl
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with the S32K146 microcontroller and would like to set up periodic sampling of a single ADC channel. Is there a method to implement periodic sampling on this microcontroller, perhaps using the PDB? I reviewed the ADC hardware triggering method that uses PDB to trigger the ADC conversion; the PDB timer is restarted after the ADC conversion is read, but with this method, the sampling period is slightly longer than the PDB delay time. What would be the best method to do this? I read in the reference manual that the PDB has a "back-to-back"  mode, but I believe this is for reading multiple channels in sequence rather than reading a single channel periodically.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

If you don't need to ADC sample synchronously with PWM(FTM), just want to ADC sample one channel periodically. Please refer to the adc_low_power_s32k146 demo project of S32K1 SDK. LPIT was selected to periodically trigger ADC sample in that project.

adc_low_power_s32k146 TRGMUX configuration.png

43.7 ADC Trigger Sources.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos