How to multiply SOSC_Clock from 8MHz to 48 Mhz in S32K118 using processor export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to multiply SOSC_Clock from 8MHz to 48 Mhz in S32K118 using processor export

chinmayt1
Contributor I

I am using S32K118 and using processor export to generate driver code.

How can I boost the SOSC clock frequency? we are using 8MHz crystal and we want maximum 48Mhz SOSC clock frequency.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

chinmayt1
Contributor I

i want core clock to be 48MHz using external oscillator.

I am using S32 Design Studio and S32K118_SDK version 3.0.0. As answered in community question "SPLL_CLK can not slected as SCS_CLK'

PLL is not available for S32k11x product. 

So how I can configure clock to multiply 8Mhz crystal clock to get 48 MHz using S32_SDK_S32K component? 

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Oh Sorry for my wrong reply!
SPLL mode is not available in S32K11x series of devices. So there is no way to multiply 8Mhz crystal clock to get 48 MHz.

Are you considering using 48MHz FIRC?  Or use an external higher frequency crystal?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chinmayt1,

Do you want the SPLL_CLK to be 48MHz?
Or just need the Core clock to be 48MHz?
If you check the "6.2.5 SPLL electrical specifications" of S32K1xx MCU Family - Data Sheet (REV 13), you will find the minimum frequency of SPLL_CLK is 90MHz.

6.2.5 SPLL electrical specifications.png

Best Regards,
Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos