cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to kown s32K146 come in to VLPS mode driver in MCAL

Jump to solution
ananan
Contributor III

I am working in Mcal config the driver MCU go to VLPS,and Icu wake up the VLPS. when mcu come in to the VPLS,the jlink debugger is still work.The Icu is work well.but the Icu can not wake up the VLPS,So I think mcu does not come in the VLPS.In the figure below, the code in the red box is executed during emulation.

ananan_0-1631260915781.png

ananan_1-1631261110049.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ananan,

It's up to you with the port, because port isn't required to be turned off during VLPS. To limit the power consumption, you can consider turn off the port as LED driver if any.

The power consumption dropped from 125mA to 15mA seems to be good, at least it proved that your CPU has entered VLPS. However, if your application requires an even lower power consumption in VLPS, then you might need to turn off/switch the clock source to SIRC for every peripherals.

Best Regards,

Nam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ananan
Contributor III

1. Set a breakpoint in the instruction right after the wfi in EXECUTE_WAIT (you can find it in Disassembly window)

2. Press run. If your program keep running and is only suspended by either "pause" button or wake up source , then the core has entered and exited VLPS. Otherwise if it stop immediately at breakpoint, then the core hasn't entered VLPS yet, and you will need to check for the reason.

Relpy:I set breakpoints as you did in 1 and 2, and the program did not stop immediately at breakpoint.so the core has entered VLPS,I will test it without debugger,thank you very much !

ananan_0-1631926582499.png

0 Kudos