cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash usb driver via open SDA in FS32K148

Milado
Contributor II

Hello,

Does anyone know the procedure to flash USB driver by Open SDA in FS32K148 MCU?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Milad

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Milad,

I am not sure if I understand your question.
If you want to install OpenSDA driver, then you can download Windows or Linux USB Drivers from PEMicro OpenSDA.

USB Drivers.png

Please follow the Get Started with the S32K148EVB.

Get Started with the S32K148EVB.png

If you meet issue about using OpenSDA, then you can refer: S32K148EVB Dead after OpenSDA Update. Need help to recover.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Milado
Contributor II

Hello Robin_Shen,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry if my question is not clear . 

I will ask my questions differently : How to flash the open SDA driver in IC MK20DX128VFM5 for the S32K148 board ?

I hope that it would be more clear.

Best regards,

Milad

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OpenSDA V1 on the S32K148EVB is not open source.
If you want to flash K20 chip with OpenSDA program on the custom board, then this is not possible.
If encountering problems during using OpenSDA on S32K148EVB , please refer to the article I mentioned above.

0 Kudos

Milado
Contributor II

Hello Robin_Shen,

Indeed, I want to use the K20 chip and S32K148 on the custom board, and use OpenSDA to flash S32K148 via USB with PC.

1- To make Open SDA work on the custom card I need to flash the K20 chip, am I right?

2- But according to your previous comment, it is not possible to run Open SDA on the custom board

3- So what is your solution to flash the S32K148 on the personalized board, except Jtag? which chip you offer for my custom board ?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer the "Comparison Table of Different OpenSDA Versions" on OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter

The OpenSDA on S32K EVB are OpenSDAv1, the source code are not available. So I am afraid you are not be able to flash K20 on the custom board.

Comparison Table of Different OpenSDA Versions.PNG

For personalized board, you can design JTAG or SWD debug interface, then using external debugger flash S32K148.(for example: Multilink or J-Link)

0 Kudos

Milado
Contributor II

Ok!

I 'll use JTAG to flash S32K148 on my cutom board. 

So , if Open SDA is not available for a communication via USB, between my custom board and my PC . 

Which driver you propose to send data from PC to the S32K148 via USB on the custom board?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no USB on S32K148, so I am afraid you need to use external signal conversion equipment.
For example: USB to UART\ USB to CAN etc

0 Kudos