How to design the hardware for entering the low power model by using the S32K.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design the hardware for entering the low power model by using the S32K.

Jump to solution
Guofred
Contributor III

Hi ,

i review the RM of S32K1, the MCU  wake-up sources as below.

1)we can select any  general I/O pin  to enter the VLPS by using the software config, only need to reserve this I/O pins on the           PCB  board, my understanding is right or not.

2) These below wake-up resources can be entered VLPS normally through the general I/O pins reserved by me. my understanding is right or not.

Guofred_0-1641350831235.png

Best regards.

Guofred

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Guofred

yes, I think all ports which can be configured as GPIO ,should be able to be used as wake-up source.and there are no particularly recommended ports for you, all the same.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Guofred

This table describled the wake-up sources of the Low-power mode,instead of entering the Low-power mode.

for example, If MCU is in VLPS mode ,you can wake up the MCU through Pin Interrupts.

In the hardware design, some application need to use an external switch, you can use the external swtich to wake up the MCU from all low-power mode.

like EWM module,which is disabled in STOP1 and VLPS,so can not wake up the MCU from STOP1 or VLPS mode.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos
Guofred
Contributor III

Hi @Senlent ,

Thanks for your help.

so we can use the pin interrupts function to wake-up the MCU, if  the MCU entering the low power mode.

would you like to recommend which pin to use to wake up faster, or any pin  is normal wake up .

they don't have any difference on hardware when we want to design this pin to  wake up.

my understanding is right or not.

Best regards.

Guofred

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Guofred

yes, I think all ports which can be configured as GPIO ,should be able to be used as wake-up source.and there are no particularly recommended ports for you, all the same.

0 Kudos
Guofred
Contributor III

Hi @Senlent ,

Ok, thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Guofred

0 Kudos