How to configure half of FlexNVM as D-flash?half of FlexNVM as EEPROM backup region?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure half of FlexNVM as D-flash?half of FlexNVM as EEPROM backup region?

Jump to solution
Contributor III

@

Hi guys,

I have a question, ask for your help.

In the project example of ‘flash_partitioning_s32k142’ all of FlexNVM(64k) is set as EEPROM backup region, all of FlexRAM(4K) is set as EEPROM.

pastedImage_2.png

Could I separate half of FlexNVM as D-flash to store program, and half of FlexNVM as EEPROM backup region?  also FlexRAM  do not need to be configured as much as 4K to be EEPROM, only need a few bytes needed, Configure rest  of FlexRAM as ram?

If convenient could you give me some reference code. 

Thanks.

S32 SDK@all experts

1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would like to suggest checking AN11983 - Using the S32K1xx EEPROM Functionality

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11983.pdf 

Yes, it is possible to split FlexNVM. 

The options how to split the FlexNVM block between D-Flash and emulated EEPROM backup memory (E-Flash), see below:  

pastedImage_2.png

This setting represents "DEPartitionCode" parameter in the "FLASH_DRV_DEFlashPartition()" function

About your second question related to FlexRAM. The FlexRAM cannot be split, we can use only the whole FlexRAM as an SRAM or EEPROM.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I would like to suggest checking AN11983 - Using the S32K1xx EEPROM Functionality

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11983.pdf 

Yes, it is possible to split FlexNVM. 

The options how to split the FlexNVM block between D-Flash and emulated EEPROM backup memory (E-Flash), see below:  

pastedImage_2.png

This setting represents "DEPartitionCode" parameter in the "FLASH_DRV_DEFlashPartition()" function

About your second question related to FlexRAM. The FlexRAM cannot be split, we can use only the whole FlexRAM as an SRAM or EEPROM.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

Contributor III

it works! thanks

0 Kudos
dinarogers1989
Contributor I

When the partition code is not set to full data flash, the data set size can be set to any of several non-zero values dqfansurvey.

0 Kudos