How many current output about the PWM signal of S32K344?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many current output about the PWM signal of S32K344?

Jump to solution
wanglipeng
Contributor I

Hi, I am using S32K344 for the design of PMSM,and I also have a driver  for the MOSFET. My question is how many current output about the PWM signal of S32K344?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@wanglipeng

我的意思是S32K3的端口驱动能力是mA级别的,60uA是很小的。

至于你说的这个我是完全没说过“ But do you mean that the max output current 4.5A is not fully used generally”,

你可以让你们的硬件工程师来评估S32K3的驱动能力是否足够。

通常我看到的设计中,驱动MOSFET的电路通常存在预驱,例如电机驱动,一般不会直接用GPIO来驱动MOSFET,你可以和你们的硬件工程师沟通此问题。

我可以回答你的是S32K3的PWM输出驱动能力和GPIO输出能力应该是一致,S32K3的GPIO具有四个不同的类型,每个类型的驱动能力有所不同,在截图中已经清晰的描述了各类GPIO的驱动能力。

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
wanglipeng
Contributor I

Thanks, @Senlent , My MOSFET driver need drive current is max 60 uA, so the pwm signal of s32k3 could  satisfy this, am I right? 

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@wanglipeng

I don’t quite understand your question.

MOSFET is not a current driving component, and 60uA is a very small value. If you are sure that 60uA is the condition for driving MOSFET, then I can tell you that our chip pins can output Much greater than 60uA current.

0 Kudos
wanglipeng
Contributor I

Thanks very much, @Senlent , now I describe this question in detail. I have a control IC is S32K344, and a driver is IR, and several paralleling Mosfet. The driver need input current is max 60uA, and max output is 4.5A , So I think the S32K344 could satisfy the driver input current. But do you mean that the max output current 4.5A is not fully used generally? 

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@wanglipeng

我的意思是S32K3的端口驱动能力是mA级别的,60uA是很小的。

至于你说的这个我是完全没说过“ But do you mean that the max output current 4.5A is not fully used generally”,

你可以让你们的硬件工程师来评估S32K3的驱动能力是否足够。

通常我看到的设计中,驱动MOSFET的电路通常存在预驱,例如电机驱动,一般不会直接用GPIO来驱动MOSFET,你可以和你们的硬件工程师沟通此问题。

我可以回答你的是S32K3的PWM输出驱动能力和GPIO输出能力应该是一致,S32K3的GPIO具有四个不同的类型,每个类型的驱动能力有所不同,在截图中已经清晰的描述了各类GPIO的驱动能力。

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@wanglipeng

The maximum drive capability of the I/O port should be consistent with the drive capability of the PWM it generates.

So you can refer to S32K3xxDS, the chapter 7:I/O parameters.

Senlent_0-1700102289716.png

0 Kudos
wanglipeng
Contributor I

Thanks very much, @Senlent , I could see the min current of IO is 3mA, but Typical and Max current is not show in this datasheet, Am I right?

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@wanglipeng

1.S32K3 have different pad type,such as GPIO-Standard,GPIO-Standard plus,GPIO-Medium,GPIO-Fast.

you can see different pad type have different drive ability.

Also S32K3 can have 3.3V or 5.0V power supply and the drive ability on pad type is different too.

2.yes, only min output high current available on S32K3xxDS.

0 Kudos