显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

Hall Sensor use in MCSPTE1AK144 FOC PMSM

跳至解决方案
907 次查看
RajG
Contributor III

I have MCSPTE1AK144 kit and I have my motor running on both BLDC and PMSM software provided by NXP. I have turn-on the Hall_sensor macro to true in BLDC software so it shows graph of signal on Freemaster tool and as soon as I remove any of the signal related to hall sensor it enters in fault state.

But I cannot find such feature in PMSM software when I turn ENCODER macro to true. I did not find the graph of hall sensor also in freemaster.

1) Is Hall sensor and Encoder different in this PMSM software point of view? 

2) further can PMSM software run independently only on Encoder or the software use estimated values whenever necessary?

3) Can I program the PMSM software to stop if any of the encoder or hall signal are absent like the BLDC software.

I am new to this kindly help me. 

Thanks and Regards,

RajG.

0 项奖励
1 解答
892 次查看
marekmusak
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello RajG,

To your first question, yes it is. SW routine of the BLDC hall example processes Hall signals in different way as SW of the PMSM encoder does. Therefore there is also difference between Freemaster projects. To see differences in signal processing between those two examples, you can read AN12235 and AN12435. 

To your second question, yes you can because encoder does not need estimates anymore. You can do this by setting ENCODER macro to 1. Then use Sensor Option in MCAT to switch application to Encoder

marekmusak_0-1621847057119.png

To your third question, of course, you can customize and optimize the SW according to your needs.

Regards,

Marek

在原帖中查看解决方案

1 回复
893 次查看
marekmusak
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello RajG,

To your first question, yes it is. SW routine of the BLDC hall example processes Hall signals in different way as SW of the PMSM encoder does. Therefore there is also difference between Freemaster projects. To see differences in signal processing between those two examples, you can read AN12235 and AN12435. 

To your second question, yes you can because encoder does not need estimates anymore. You can do this by setting ENCODER macro to 1. Then use Sensor Option in MCAT to switch application to Encoder

marekmusak_0-1621847057119.png

To your third question, of course, you can customize and optimize the SW according to your needs.

Regards,

Marek