Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a tone

Jump to solution
Nadia
Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I am quite new in this development environment, I work with a test board LPC54628.

My goal is to be able to generate a tone on a certain frequency, and I can't find the way to do it, I've read some comments that talk about the use of FMT, but my board doesn't have that.

If someone could help me I would appreciate it, I can't find any library I could use in this development environment either.

Thank you very much, sorry for the inconvenience

1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

To generate a signal in such frequency I suggest you to use the GPIO and a timer. You configure a timer that interrupts the MCU then toggle the GPIO each 100ms in order to generate the 5Hz signal.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I suggest you use the SCTimer, this module is similar to the FTM. You can find information about this module on the LPC546 user manual. Also, you can find examples at the SDK.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

Nadia
Contributor III

Hello Omar, thank you very much for your answer, now I have another problem, I am not able to generate a signal at 5 Hz, just let me generate a signal from 1000 Hz upwards, would you know how to generate a signal at 5 Hz?

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

To generate a signal in such frequency I suggest you to use the GPIO and a timer. You configure a timer that interrupts the MCU then toggle the GPIO each 100ms in order to generate the 5Hz signal.

Best regards,

Omar