cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexMemory Endurance calculator Number of Data types limitation

mostafamedhat
Contributor I

Dear 

I have a question regarding to FlexMemory Endurance Calculator the maximum  Number of Data types is  15 what is the case if i need to add Number bigger than 15.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Number of Records is related to the user application variables. This a user modifiable value, you need to specify a quantitative of variables of this specific type that you will use. For example, if you have 20 updates of 7 number of records of 1 byte; this mean that you have 7 variables of one byte that you going to update 20 times in one day.

help_FlexMemory_Endurance_Calc.png

Although the max Number of Data types in the FlexMemory Endurance Calculator is 15, but is does not mean that the EEPROM can hold only 15 data types.  If the Number of Data types is still more than 15, then I am afraid it can only be calculated according to the equation in the following application manual:
AN4282 Using the Kinetis Family Enhanced EEPROM Functionality
AN11983: Using the S32K1xx EEPROM Functionality 

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos