Flashed ELF file onto S32K146 via SEGGER J Link. Now, I am unable to flash other SW or even erase it

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashed ELF file onto S32K146 via SEGGER J Link. Now, I am unable to flash other SW or even erase it

Jump to solution
Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

Hi Community Members,

We have flashed our own hardware board with S32K146 with an ELF file via Segger J Link Lite version. The file is attached.

Now, I was trying to flash a different mot file with a different SW, however it does not allow me to program the chip. I even tried erasing the complete chip, however I get the error saying "CPU could not be halted".

(The current consumption through the board is approx. 0.6A with just one Digital output configured. In our other SW, that has around 20 IOs and 20 CAN messages, the current consumption is generally 0.13A.)

Is there any other way that we can erase the chip using Segger - jlink SW tool or any other SW?

And can we generate .hex/.bin file from the S32DS for s32k146 projects?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Coding_Torque-SDRS,

Could you read the MDM_AP registers?

Try to follow the instructions with J-Link commander from the following post: Unbricking S32K146 - NXP Community

(Also trying to hold the reset pin low externally if the J-Link commander cannot communicate.)

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Coding_Torque-SDRS,

You can look into the J-Link Flash Download directly from SEGGER. This tool supports the S32K146 and may help with manual programming: 

Julin_AragnM_0-1712944572886.png

As for the .hex/.bin files, you can refer to this community post: HOWTO: Generate S-Record/Intel HEX/Binary file - NXP Community

Best regards,
Julián

Coding_Torque-SDRS
Contributor III

@Julián_AragónM Thanks for the support, It really help in resolving the issues that I'm currently facing with creating .hex/.bin file generation. 

@Julián_AragónM We tried using Manual programming as referred by you to erase the data from the chip, but it's not even connecting to the CPU when Erase Chip is clicked. It's throwing message like "CPU can't be halted".

Please do refer some other way to erase the chip. 

Thanks,

Coding_Torque-SDRS

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Coding_Torque-SDRS,

Could you read the MDM_AP registers?

Try to follow the instructions with J-Link commander from the following post: Unbricking S32K146 - NXP Community

(Also trying to hold the reset pin low externally if the J-Link commander cannot communicate.)

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos