cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail During Secure S32K148

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hi, @jiri_kral  @ErichStyger  @danielmartynek @BlackNight 

I am working on a project which the security is needed for with S32K148 board. I activated secure boot by using csec_boot_protection_s32k148 example project before many times. Then, unsecure for any other jobs. Thus, there was no problem.

However, after a while, I tried to activate the secure booting again by using the same example project (csec_boot_protection_s32k148) but in the eraseKeys() -> CSEC_DRV_InitRNG() -> CSEC_WaitCommandCompletion() the program crashes and watchdog occurs. All my trials, the program fails in that function which is attached to this question. I solve this problem by enabling the 'Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase' option from the IDE->Debugger tab. After this, the eraseKeys() is stepped over succesfully.

As a result, I want to that what was the problem before deleting the full chip. Is there any workaround to avoid this problem? I am using some batch scripts to flash and run code to board with GDB server and console, so I want to erase full chip from the GDB terminal but I cannot? Any idea?

Thanks.

fdgb.PNG

fgdfg.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nevzat,
this is not easy question. From functional point of view, I can't see a reason for such behavior. Is it possible to reproduce the issue or did you see that only once?
Regards,
Lukas

0 Kudos

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hi @lukaszadrapa ,

Sorry for late answer, but I face with that problem many times but not always which makes the thing interesting. I though that the partition of the FLASH done before is different from the boot protection project's partition configurations. Thus, when I run the code from RAM without cleaning the FLASH with, the oldest partition blocks me to do the new partition and initializations. Is it possible being something like that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nevzat,

If the partition was not erased, the EraseAllBlocks command and partition command would just return Access Error. So, to catch these error it's highly recommended to check the return value of these functions.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos