Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase FlexRAM and Erase Emulated EE in S32DS

Jump to solution
cthhk
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Team:

I have two questions regarding S32K Emulated EEPROM.

Q1) Is there a command to erase FlexRAM? Do I need to write 0xFF to FlexRAM after it has been partitioned? Or the FlexRAM should be taken just as traditional RAM then?

Q2) I'm debugging with S32DS and I found that every time I downloaded my code into the micro, the Emulated EE was not erased and the data was still there. Do you have a updated algorithm? Or the EEE could not be accessed after being partitioned?

Appreciate your support!

Best Regards,

Wang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. If FlexRAM is used for EEE, it is not necessary to initialize the RAM. It's initialized automatically.

2. The partition is supposed to be done only once during the application lifetime. Also for debugging purposes it makes sense to setup the partition only once. If you need to change the partition, use the Erase All Blocks command.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
letseatorange
Contributor III

Can you tell me how do you use eeprom? thank you very much1

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. If FlexRAM is used for EEE, it is not necessary to initialize the RAM. It's initialized automatically.

2. The partition is supposed to be done only once during the application lifetime. Also for debugging purposes it makes sense to setup the partition only once. If you need to change the partition, use the Erase All Blocks command.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
cthhk
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukas:

Clear and thanks!

Best Regards,

Wang.

0 Kudos