Debugger not getting attached to SoC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger not getting attached to SoC

SanketTEL
Contributor I

I am using S32K142 EVB,and i-SYSTEM IC5000 debugger, after recently i flashed a code into the S32K142 EVB i am getting SoC ATTACHING status in winIDEA(i-SYSTEM debugger), after which i am not able to flash new code into the target nor i am able to mass erase from winIDEA.

Please support for this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeevanthomas
Contributor I

Hi all,

My team is facing the same issue after using S32K3xx controller and i-SYSTEM IC5000 debugger.

For example, we added the WDG and GPT module of AUTOSAR into the project.

Right during Gpt_Init(), the board is bricking and the debugger looses control of the MCU.

And this is not a one off incident.

Just some additional information:

When we try to recover the bricked boards using Lauterbach, it shows the board is in a BUSFAULT exception.

But I'm wondering why a similar message was not shown using WinIDEA and i-SYSTEM IC5000 debugger.

Have a feeling that if any of the fault exceptions (BUSFAULT, USAGEFAULT, MEMFAULT etc.) occurs in WinIDEA, it's ending up with a bricked board.

Has anybody else faced a similar issue?

If there is a solution, would you be able to share how you guys solve such issues?

Right now, for us, the only recovery solution is through Lauterbach (and unfortunately this is expensive and we have to depend on other team)

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jeevanthomas,

Please create a new thread as this is not related to the original topic (different MCU, etc).

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend contacting i-system.

Or can you find the error message in the i-system documentation?

I can't tell what is the issue from the description.

It could be a HW issue, power supply, disabled JTAG/SWD ports, or the MCU might be locked with Mass erase disabled.

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

SanketTEL
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Can you suggest if there is any way to recover from this locked state?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Once the Mass erase is disabled either in the Flash Configuration Field or due to allocate CSEc keys and the MCU is secure, there is no way to recover it. But if the MCU was locked, the debugger would inform you. I don't know what is the error message from the debugger here.

Regards,

Daniel 

0 Kudos