表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Classical CAN to transmit DLC > 8 upto 24 with 500kbps

ソリューションへジャンプ
2,368件の閲覧回数
Leninpremkumar
Contributor I

Hello ,

I have requirement to transmit DLC > 8 it can be upto 24 bytes with 500kbps. Im using NXP 32K 116 Micro.

1. is it possible to trasmit DLC > 8 in Classical CAN with 500Kbps .

2.What is the max size of byte can be transmitted in 500kbps

0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
2,344件の閲覧回数
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Classical CAN bus supports a max message payload of 8 bytes per frame at a max data rate of 1Mbps. CAN FD supports a flexible message payload, up to 64 bytes per frame at same or higher data rates.
So you need to enable CAN FD and send message with desired payload, can be without bit rate switching so at your needed 500kbps.

BR, Petr

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2 返答(返信)
2,345件の閲覧回数
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Classical CAN bus supports a max message payload of 8 bytes per frame at a max data rate of 1Mbps. CAN FD supports a flexible message payload, up to 64 bytes per frame at same or higher data rates.
So you need to enable CAN FD and send message with desired payload, can be without bit rate switching so at your needed 500kbps.

BR, Petr

2,333件の閲覧回数
Leninpremkumar
Contributor I

Thank you for Quick reply

Correction the Micro used is S32K144

- As per our understanding Bit rate switch can enable / disable globally for all the frames using the highlighted field in the attachment. Is that correct ?

- But as per requirement I do have few frames should transmit in 2 Mbps and few in 500Kbps is it possible. if yes Please suggest how?

Use case :  

CAN FD - Enabled

CanControllerTxBitRateSwitch - Disabled

Payload  : 24 bytes

Baud rate for Arbitration & Data Phase : 500kbps 

With the above mentioned configuration, data of 24 bytes will be transmitted or there will be a data truncation ?

0 件の賞賛