cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we verify the MCAL in design studio with printf

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to know, if it is possible to verify the MCAL configuration in design studio using some printf option. please let me know!!!

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
12 Replies

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Given that you have configured a GPT timer, you can call Gpt_StartTimer with input ticks as calculated for, e.g., 1 second, and setup notification callback to verify whether a timer is correct. In notification callback you can call printf or whatsoever that you would like to use for verification, it's pretty much depend on the application.

You can refer to the MCAL IM document and AUTOSAR specification - sequence to call function, in order to understand about the usage of APIs.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

Hi,

here I am facing compilation and build issue, After generating the files (.c and .h), I am integrating in the project, this is the place i need your support?  do you have some reference that I can follow?

also is it possible to check the software without hardware something like virtual environment with printf? The reason is if something with configuration goes wrong, my hardware will brick. that is why I am looking some virtual environment in design studio, so that I can avoid mess with hardware because I am new to this controller!!!

@namnguyenviet 

Thanks

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I recommend you to refer to the platform integrator (for RTM version from 1.0.2) or sample application (included in MCAL package, from RTM version below 1.0.2). It not only includes the Tresos project, which can help you a walkthrough with MCAL modules, but also a mini-application, includes sample application layer source files, makefile in order to build the project from scratch, compile and linker options for reference,...

Follow this link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SW32K1XX-PTFM01D you can register and download the platform integrator.

I'm not sure if this below info is fulfilled with your expectation, but with each MCAL modules, you can verify software development error by using DET module, and notify about run time error by using DEM module. Anyway, each MCAL driver should avoid the block from itself with all costs, for instance an infinite loop is avoid by timeout checking.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

I do not see the the software version  RTM 1.0.2 . I see only only RTM 1.0.1. In the RTM1.01 I see there is no make file that's why I am unable to build the project.

Coming to my query again, I want to use some hello world program with printf that verify the my driver. DET/DEM will be use full if I run the full program in the hardware. but I want to use DS environment while debugging I do not want to connect the hardware, it should be virtual environment. ( for example if we run any c program in eclipse and the we can debug also). is it possible ?

or only compilation is possible, to debug we must connect the hardware?

based on the reply I will proceed further!!!

@namnguyenviet 

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have already answered to your created ticket in our system. Here I will quote again:

1. Sorry that I haven't mentioned about ASR version of package. Which version of ASR you're using? if you're using ASR 4.3, then the latest version is RTM 1.0.1. It has the sample application inside package, called S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_1_Integration_Application. There is a user manual for this sample, inside S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_1_Integration_Application\eclipse\plugins\PlatformIntegration_TS_T40D2M10I1R0\doc. You can refer to that document for integrating the sample.
  2. Unfortunately, S32DS doesn't support hardware simulator. You need to connect to hardware for debugging.

Please follow up with one channel only, so that we can avoid duplicated question/answer.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

@namnguyenviet  Hi,

I am using Autosar version 4.3. also the S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_1_Integration_Application  user manual, is not user friendly, still I am not able to run this project.

I am able to generate the files from tresos studio but while launching launch.bat is failing, In the launch.bat script there is path given for OS standalon folder, but actually there is not folder available in the given sample application like os standalon folder. Is there any other application sample available? kindly help, if there is video session available for this!!!

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually the OS is not necessary, since you can build the sample application with baremetal. Could you show me the error log that you are facing with?

Unfortunately, we don't have the video session for this stuff.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

Now let me dig in the problem 1 by 1.

Not sure why the sample application is created in 2 part.

1. where you load the project and it looks like

Updating Media

2. Plugins

by default the plugins folder is not loading in the DS. If i load the project in DS, only config/generated files only loading. its not the complete bundle. So as a first step, can you please help me to load the both folder(inside the application folder WorkspaceS32K144_19_06_2019 and plugins) ? then I can start the building the project in the DS. @namnguyenviet 

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. The workspace, located in "S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_1\S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_1_0_1_Integration_Application\Tresos\Workspace" is used for import to EB tresos, not for importing to S32DS. So you can't import then configure that project workspace in S32DS.

2. I recommend that you should build the project from command line, by editing the launch.bat file, then use the elf file in order to flash/debug in S32DS. In case that you still want to compile the application with S32DS, I attached a guidance, which required many steps to build everything from scratch (but will work eventually)

Nam

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm afraid that I do not fully understand your question. MCAL configuration can be verified static by EB tresos in order to generate the configuration code. During runtime, it depends on application and user, to verify not only MCAL code, but other things by debugging, verification point added, or logging via communications (CAN, UART,...)

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

Hi,

What I am trying to say that, Once we generated the files in EB tresos then we have include and source files, now how to verify those generated files?

for example, I configured the 1 GPT timer, now is it possible to build and check it with Design studio with printf?

do you have some reference?

Thanks 

0 Kudos

vinay_kushwah
Contributor I

@namnguyenviet I hope, now the question is clear?

0 Kudos